For partnership and joint venture opportunities please inquire here x
Your premier resource for education in England.

Work Visa Guide

Studying abroad in the United Kingdom can be one of the most enriching experiences of your student career. The benefits are boundless – the opportunity to experience the rich history of the UK; to meet people from every part of the world who come here to work, live and study; and to gain a new perspective which will give you a broader understanding of the world at large and of your own place in it.

work visa guidance

In order to study abroad in the UK, you must apply for a student visa. If you plan to work during your stay to pay for some of your living expenses, you may do so with a student visa, under certain conditions.

Where do I apply for a student visa?

Applications can be made through a UK consulate or visa office in your home country.

What are the requirements?

You must provide evidence that you have been accepted for a recognized course of study and that you
can support yourself during your stay. You will also need to provide:

> Your passportstudent passport

> A passport-type photograph

> Your application fee

What is the fee to apply?

The charge for a student visa application is £99.

How long can I stay in the UK?

Visas are typically granted for the duration of the program of study requested.

Can I work part-time on a student visa, or do I need a separate work permit?

You are permitted to work part-time (no more than 20 hours per week) during the
academic term, and full-time during recess.

You may not work full-time at a permanent job or offer professional services with a student visa.

Can I upgrade to a regular work visa when I graduate?

In many cases, if you complete a program of study and plan to extend your stay for the purpose of employment, you can upgrade to a Tier 1 post-study work visa, which is valid for no more than 2 years.

Keep In Mind:

- Obtaining a student visa permits you to study in the UK, but it does not clear you for immigration purposes; this is a completely separate process.

- If you have difficulties with your visa once you reach the UK, help is available through your country’s embassy or consulate. Your academic program adviser may also be able to assist you. traveling to england for work

Living and working in a foreign country will open you to new experiences and extend your horizons. While you study abroad, taking advantage of your student visa to work part-time gives you the opportunity to make new friends in your host country and to appreciate a new culture.